A woman by birth, an Indian by heart and software engineer by chance, wife to a wonderful man & mother to an adorable little princess by destiny, a humorous wisecracker, avid reader, decent singer by choice. That in a nut-shell is me. Stay with me as I share with you my views on life.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Sniff sniff...
I am kicking myself right now. How could I be so stupid? I mean ME, who has moved from one office to another one location to another for over three years now, how could I forget it? How? How? How? Had to get my C:/ drive formatted. Like a good girl I took the backup of My Documents, My Desktop and all such other stuff and forgot my .psts. Alas! All the mails I had so safely treasured for over three and a half years – Gone! Just like the pain once you bring IODEX to it (or so the ad claims). Sniff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I really wonder, something so important and you havent backed it up ever, on a cd/pen drive , anywhere.
Well, I think everyone has faced this in some way or other, and then only I learnt how important it is to backup your data.
Dont worry, you will get over it very soon, Cheers :)
Hmmm, for one I dont own a pen drive and burning CDs is not a possibility on the office system, Ravemz. But while forgetting to take the backup of mails itself amounts to sinning, the idiot I am, I keep on deleting the backups once the restore/movement is done. Had I at least had the common sense not to do it, I could have saved some loss of data...
But in hindsight, the loss of "information" per se has been minimal. Its just that the whole collection of forwards, the chain mails and other stuff we techies live by is all gone!
But then, life goes on...
If it's the forwards and/or chain mail collection, couple of blogs like mine could get you the stuff. Stay assured ;)
But what about my personal mails and my write ups I essentially end up saving as drafts?!?! Well, no use crying over the spilt milk now... I am quite over the "shock" now. :)
First timer to this page? Welcome aboard!
Well, thanks for the welcome. I've been following this blog for quite sometime now...
If you check out my blog, there's a link to your blog as well :)
Viv.
as my mom wud put it..
old luggage drags u back.
"ring out the old, ring in the new" wrote Tennyson.
Ok, ok, its easier said than done.
But sometimes its better to led old mails go. They pull u back into past.
Post a Comment