Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lonely Soul – Count your blessings and the people

The life so far - Made some great friends. Made no enemies, at least where avoidable. Some people chose me for which I am grateful. Some chose not to choose me for which the loss is mine in some instances and in some others it’s been a relief. Some stayed in touch. Some drifted apart. Some keep moving in and out based on how busy our lives have been. Some made me smile. Some made me cry. Some made me laugh. Some made me feel good. Some made me feel petty and conceited. The life I have led, the person I have become – it all comes down to people.

Sometimes so much so that in phases of life, my life was more about the people than about me. Which has been a good thing and a bad thing by turns. I count my blessings for the people who made me the good person I am. I regret the people and the events that made me the wicked, conceited person I can be. But I am thankful to them that they made it impossible for me to not introspect and accept that like everyone else I am after all a mere mortal and I have my vices to work on.

And though I am at times unnerved by just how much my life is controlled by the people in my life and their perceptions of me and my actions, I am happy for all the times I have been able to please them. And I am happier for the times I have been able to stick my principles and guidelines I wanted in my life when it irked them.

To quote from a book I read – the life is what it is and we are what we are. I accept the people in my life wholeheartedly with their flaws and quirks. And I expect nothing less in return. If that bothers some, I am truly sorry but it is still my life and I am still answerable to my soul for causing it grief and pain and making it sad.

No comments: