“A woman by birth, an Indian by heart and software engineer by chance and a humorous wisecracker, avid reader, decent singer by choice. That in a nut-shell is Archana Amperayani. Stay with me as I share with you my views on life”
I can’t vouch for the veracity of anything else in the introduction that appears on my page as much as for that one phrase “software engineer by chance”… all my friends who have the pleasure (???) of knowing me personally will agree on that count. From genuine shock at having being selected in a reputed firm my feelings have now matured to plain bewilderment, sometimes bordering to thorough angst … if you thought “where am I?” “What am I doing?” “Why am I doing this?” are questions that pertain to mere existentialism, think again… I think of questions like these almost daily. [considering the hours of work I have been putting lately more so now than ever before… : ) ]
But funnily, the more I try to write these days I end writing about the lives of software engineers, their concerns etc. the setting of my stories are more often than not in a software firm [Heck no, the settings are ONLY the cubicle and the common room, uggh!] One hell of a situation is this….
As I pondered over it, an article written in ToI comes to my mind. I cant remember who wrote it but the gist of the article was that whatever profession we undertake our mind gets conditioned to it so badly that even outside the work sphere we continue thinking in the same terms. Hmm… makes a lot of sense…
How many times do I tell my friends, “Please don’t tell me anything now, all my memory is filled up with hajaar other things.. I cant process a single input now…” OR “Eh! Yeh kya bola/boli re tu? Syntax error marr dia mere brain ne!”
In jest or at times of utmost seriousness, I seem to resort expressing my feelings in different stages of the SLDC [Software Development Life Cycle – don’t accuse me of jargonizing on blog too please…]
XYZ: Hey Arch, What happened to the US alliance?
Me: Oh! That one, no da… that one was terminated in the requirements gathering stage itself. [Bio-data/horoscope mismatch]
ABC: Hey Arch, weren’t you supposed to go and see the guy from Mumbai?
Me: No da… The user sign-off hasn’t come through yet… [Guy hasn’t confirmed he is coming down…]
LMN: Archana, A group of our friends is planning to go to the legends of rock this weekend! Joining?
Me: Me and Legends of Rock… He he he Data type mismatch rei [Teetotaler so no pubs for me, you see]
etc
Oh, how I would love to get rid of this disease! Oh come on, don’t raise those eyebrows at me, all you sworn software engineers. The bottom-line remains: Software is software, language is language. AND THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGES OF THE WORLD ARE ENGLISH, HINDI, FRENCH ETC NOT C, C++, JAVA… the latter might end up financing my lifestyle but it’s the former that feeds my soul… Ah! Now THAT was a good one… Don’t you agree?
So I guess its time to kiss The Complete Refreshers goodbye for a while and let in George Bernard Shaw and Oscar Wilde in…
Chalo, whatever its time I say goodbye… first thing in the morning shouldn’t be blogging… C ya around...
9 comments:
First time in and I'm impressed. Not that it should matter to you. But I wanted you to know, You write very well.
Hey,
It does matter man! Thanks a lot... I hope u liked it enough to come back...
Time u 'defragmented' ur'self!!
Sriz! U mean hack myself to death, eh?!!?
"all my friends who have the pleasure (???) of knowing me personally..."
So many question marks??? have to go thru all ur testimonials. ;)
"these days I end writing about the lives of software engineers, their concerns etc."
it is only too natural...because We most often write about the life we live: either in blogs or in stories or poems we write. We can't ignore it.
"our mind gets conditioned to it so badly"
I still remember my childhood days when after returning from school I used to call my father 'sir' and my mother 'madam' to the amusement of all.
"Eh! Yeh kya bola/boli re tu? Syntax error marr dia mere brain ne!"
"He he he Data type mismatch rei"
LOL
NO, I don't think it is a 'dis ease'. It is living life with more ease - I feel!
"So I guess its time to... let in George Bernard Shaw and Oscar Wilde in…"
So, these two weekends you have read enough of classical literature to say "much have I travelled in the realms of gold (the fields of literarure)."??? Don't miss 'The Doctor's Dilemma!' :) :) :)
So many question marks??? have to go thru all ur testimonials. ;)-- u r wulcum too
it is only too natural...because We most often write about the life we live: either in blogs or in stories or poems we write. We can't ignore it. -- true... and its saddening... i feel due to this i narrow down my perspective and my horizons :(
I still remember my childhood days when after returning from school I used to call my father 'sir' and my mother 'madam' to the amusement of all. -- surely, ur dad must be hearing enough of it at HIS school to go berserk... :)))
NO, I don't think it is a 'dis ease'. It is living life with more ease - I feel! --- Umm, I kinda disagree...
So, these two weekends you have read enough of classical literature to say "much have I travelled in the realms of gold (the fields of literarure)."??? Don't miss 'The Doctor's Dilemma!' :) :) :) --- Ah! too bad I left at you know what time this friday. So it was more of zzzzzzzz... And yes, Doctors Dilemma is on the list but after the Roots. Cant find it anywhere :( No book store has a stock :(
All I wanted to do is to mention that you are becoming famous (thanks to the email - Ba-Ba Moo-Moo - ROTFL - circulating all over the world.) and I almost ended up creating a blog.
Saji
All I wanted to do was mention that you are becoming famous (thanks to the email - Ba-Ba Moo-Moo - ROTFL - circulating all over the world) and almost ended up creating a blog myself.
Saji
I would have been happier to be famous for reasons other than that thread Saji... Nevertheless thanks for visting my blog and the comments.
Post a Comment