Here comes my birthday again. 25 years of life gone by… Time to rethink my life and what is it that I am doing wrong. Well, let me not bore everyone with all the details of THAT now. One of the most important things that I thought I would get to do is to be more patient with people I interact with. I had barely made this resolve and walked into my office with an intent to implement all that I'd planned, when the P-I-D-Ns of the world strike again. I receive a few mails from unknown “gentlemen” wishing me a very happy birthday.
Ok? What’s wrong with that now? And as a decent individual, what do you do? A polite thank you, maybe? Now isn’t that a right thing to do? NO. It isn’t. Never even bother replying to people you don’t know. The problem with this world is it is full of jerks. Even the sensible ones are mad. What is then left to say about the not so sane ones?
Some of the beauties that I got back in replies were something that ran like:
· No Archoo, (Yuck! I really hate endearments when they pour in unsolicited. Now Dad calls me that! YOU are not my DAD and I don’t want you to call me that. I never really realized how is it that people get so cosy cosy with someone they barely know?) I thought we can be friends but…
· No, we do not. I just thought of wishing you a happy birthday. So which district in Andhra do you belong to? (And just how is that necessary for you to know, when all you wanted to do was JUST WISH ME? and why do you think I will be willing to answer a question like that? What does it matter anyway?)
And there are few more precious gems of this sort that’ll go down in my gallery of “Men- Inscrutable, crazy, jerks, geeks or plain nerdy”.
As I wonder – Why me? Sri gave me this response - Freaks! ALL b'cos u chose to be too free on the discussions in public forums. Now everyone knows there’s a lady Archana Amperayani who kind of talks jolly. That’s it with gals in India I guess. They get to leverage the best of orkut and others....but they get to deal with such crap too…
What rubbish? I am not saying Sri’s deduction is wrong? Maybe, not maybe... Surely that is what is happening. But then, what the heck? Yeah, I do enjoy talking to intelligent people. But, either in a witty conversation or with close friends. Not to every Tom, Dick, Harry. Ah! How much do I hate these unsolicited mails and calls?
I mean, don’t most of the men lament how girls always talk make-up, shopping, dolls and other things they aren’t able to relate to at all? How being around girls puts them off coz they indulge in “sissy” talk! Well, I am real glad that they do! At least, they don’t have to put up with this kind of a crap. No wonder most of the women like to play dumb. It’s probably the smartest thing too.
Getting complimented for participating in a witty conversation feels good. Getting stalked doesn’t. How difficult is it for people to understand that just because someone takes part in a discussion in a PUBLIC, SECURED forum doesn't mean he/she is available for you to come, chat and carry out your crazy experiments on… One gentleman actually had the nerve to ask me out to a park (What the hell?) in the very first mail that he sent me? LOL… Now, how the hell do you know that I am not a psychopathic killer who first cuts the ears, then the nose, then the fingers before dousing you in kerosene and setting you ablaze?
I know I haven’t blogged in a long while now and I know this kind of an acerbic post doesn’t make a fitting end to a brief self-imposed exile but then:
"I had resolved to be less offended by human nature, but I think I blew it already."-Hobbes
8 comments:
Lolz...
"how the hell do you know that I am not a psychopathic killer who first cuts the ears, then the nose, then the fingers before dousing you in kerosene and setting you ablaze?" a question that needs to be considered before someone sends out a mail to an unknown ;)
:) Yeah, if it is a deterrent enough than I am glad enough Seems! LOL..
now now, i might give good advice, but that's not for public consumption, and definitely not for public display.....
and i thot u HATED calvin and hobbes ??
One: Good samaritanian gestures need to be acknowledged and thanked for... Look at it that way Sri. At least I did.
Two: Yeah, There is no love lost now either. Kaani I always appreciate good one-liners. Magnanimity towards the underdogs and acknowledging the fact that even worst of them have something good in them... Thats the true sign of a genius! :)
probably the trails and travails of being popular...
when you are interesting, ppl get interested...i am sure u have mastered the art of sidestepping unwanted attention!
Made good reading though...
:) Oracle,
If this is the perils of being "popular" (my popularity in itself is quite a debatable issue), i prefer obscurity anyday...
Thanks for visiting my page and commenting... I would be more pleased if u cud reveal your identity...
Select few am aware of who writes well in bangalore BB..have read all your blogposts too.
Don't you get enraged, may not fit into your list mentioned in the post. (probably an other sort in your gallery ;) )
Wanted to wish someone, who has changed boring and dull day of others into otherwise, a Happy Married Life!! (Got to know from Sidin's blog)
Regards,
Vivek
Hey Vivek,
When I got a notification stating this particular post had got a comment, the first thought was,"Some late arrival, that..." :)
Since you have been following the blog quite regularly I will not say "Welcome aboard"... Just that am glad you took out time to sign in and leave a comment behind.
Thanks a lot for the generous praise and for the wishes too...
Post a Comment