Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Faith?


Havent we all wondered if God was watching us at all at times? Remember all those nights you spent crying under the sheets wondering why all this happened to you? Looking beseechingly at Him wondering Why He hasnt done anything as yet? Does He listen? Does He care? Is He is even aware that you exist?
I have had more than my share of those times too! And after 24 years of a changing relationship with Him, i have realised just one thing... He sees, He listens, He DOES care... Its just that His ways are a little unique. He wants me to be happy, He really does. He whispers in my ears when He thinks I am being silly, adamant and irascible... Asks me to slow down. Take life as it comes. Not to rush into every moment with a quixotic preconcieved notion of how it should look. He asks me to take out time and smell the roses. To really trust Him!
But how many times do I do it? How many times do YOU do it? We all have made a pact of sorts with God! We do all the mistakes that can easily be avoided. We fall into pitfalls knowingly. Make wrong kind of friends. Get into wrong relationships. Fall in love with the person who we know is not right for us. Work a lot less than what is needed to better our lives. And then when the results arrive, we accuse Him of being mean. Brand him as thoughtless, uncaring, stone-hearted, unfair and what not! Are we fair to Him? Do we care for Him?
It seems silly and ridiculous to a lot who may read this. But He does talk to me. When I am at my confused best, He warns me of the perils ahead... Of the mistakes I have made in the past, of the follies I am commiting today! He tells me,"Archana! Stop being a kid now!"
It hurts him when I hurt myself, when I ignore His words of sense and wisdom. But he doesn't stop loving me and responding still. Then why should we be so judgemental about Him? In this world, where every other relationship is transitory and illusionary and yet we give them all the chances they don't deserve... Then why don't we ever give the truest love a chance as well?
------------------------------------
I am not sure why I wrote this article. Just felt this has been pending for a long time now!

7 comments:

Seema said...

This is exactly how I feel Archana. Looks as though you penned my thoughts. Hope you wouldn't mind if I give a piece of my mind to Srilu. Hope nor would you Srilu.

I am a firm believer in "Whatever happens, happens for good" It may be something that might bring you happiness or otherwise. But it all happens for a purpose. The purpose I believe is learning. Haven't we heard from the learned that we continue to learn till our last breath? Now, I do not know why we are into such extensive learning phase. But yes, every tear is drops out to make you stronger. And every smile to make you realize that there still are many reasons you must smile.
Finally, "Failure is the stepping stone to Success." Guess that is why we fail.
Well... another quote, from the movie The Core, "You can't be a leader until you know how to take failure" or on the similar lines.

Unknown said...

Seema - But yes, every tear is drops out to make you stronger. And every smile to make you realize that there still are many reasons you must smile.
Archana - Beautiful Seema. It is amazing to hear such words! Life indeed is a great gift that should not be squandered in worthless pursuits and in defiance of Gods own laws. And yes, whatever happens does happen for a good purpose. If it is learning that is the purpose, then be it so... :)
In the end all that matters and all that remains is that you dont let go of that hand that holds you steadily in all times. For me its Guru Raghavendra of Mantralayam. For someone it might be Rama, Krishna, Shiva whatever... They are the ones who really love you and they are the only ones who are capable of unconditional love... To let go off them for mere mortals is stupidity to say the least!
But even if u do, since His love for you is unconditional, He will still hang around! So have FAITH and God bless you...

త్రివిక్రమ్ Trivikram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
త్రివిక్రమ్ Trivikram said...

God has created us as intelligent beings so that He need not intervene too frequently. It is upto us to what extent we can use the intelligence to make our lives more meaningful and happier. Whenever we are in doubt, whenever we are treading a wrong path, an inner voice tells us to stop and change direction. If we don't listen to that inner voice, we are to be blamed. To sum it up:
"if God answers your prayers, he is increasing your faith.
if God delays in answering your prayers, he is increasing your patience.
if God does not answer your prayers, he knows that you can handle the situation by yourself."

Unknown said...

:))) What a beautiful thought sir! but i beg to differ... it is just not possible that He doesnt answer your prayers... If u think that is what is happening then the problem is that U arent listening... He is dying to talk to you all the time... He is never going to stop doing it too... Its just that we always keep looking at those words like the other "leaves" :)))

Imurann said...

Hi, I happen to drop by this blog suddenly.. while searching for people born on the same date as yours.

While I was reading, I caught up interest in this post.. I remember I had had an indian friend back in highschool.. we were foolish back then, but as we mature, we think back on the things happen in our life.

I on the other hand was born in a Muslim family, pretty much my parents are not that strict, but I seek for the truth and I've seen a lot of views.

Old people, they say everyone has a path leading them to somewhere, but what I was concerned was that our true creator doesnt want us to do mistake in our choices

even in the muslim commnunity, we're encouraged to talk this out of rationality and honesty. after years of my own personal research, many people around the world noticed how muslims were and to whom they are praying to. be a little curious archana. try to know a little of everything. it helps in your journey to reach for Him.

Allah (Our creator) doesnt speak our native language, but it traversed in the outside world where time has no jurisdiction. where the voices in our mind may come from either the angels or devil. because they exist, is to test us here in this world. I'm here to share an opinion. that is all.

May Allah bless the childrens of Adam and eve whom become travellers to reach the end, in peace and harmony.

---

I have met, high level muslims, christians, buddists, hindus.. I mean our elderly people and viewed how they have talk about religion and people around them. They have been very nice to me, and we're all travelling, and reaching somewhere here in this life.. always respect your elders.. last but not least, smile to stranges whom are lost :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful thought Immuran... Respect to elders and to the strangers who are lost! What a way indeed to lead ones life!

Nice to have you here!