Nope, I am not analysing life on a whole. I havent yet decoded that great mystery called life... Neither am I trying to figure out the raison d'etre for our lives....
Just that I realised, whatever we give out to the universe comes back to us! That the law of Karma!
Kharma kharma, I experienced the same this weekend... All those movie screenings at the PVR, Bangalore in which I behaved like an absolutely spoilt brat?!!? The irrelevant comments?!!? The totally out of cuff remarks?!!? Aunties and uncles glaring at me?!!? Their children wishing I was anywhere but at that particular seat I occupied?!!? Well, I am truly apologetic for all those... (Ok, on 2nd thoughts, I exclude Shabd from the list. I would still do the same if I was made to watch that movie again!)
To fast-forward to Saturday. I took Ma to Umrao Jaan at The Prasads... And as it happens, that Lucknowi tehzeeb and that zubaan ki mithaas that both Ma and me enjoy so much as just about to drown us when two absolutely hot guys came and sat next to me! (Darned luck! Why doesnt this happen when I am in that movie hall alone! Murphy, you darned scoundrel...)
Any urdu dialogue comes up and they rip it apart! For one, mom was getting irritated as they disrupted her admiration for Javed sahab's handiwork... For two, like is the problem with 99.99% of hot guys, there wasnt a lot between their ears. So the comments were too passe... (If you are a guy, then Yes, you are hot and you fall in that 0.01%... Chillax!) ... For three, they had breaths that were heavily laced with zarda... (Sniff! Darned luck! Bye bye hotties...)
They were perfectly ruining the screening for me... My past karmas flashed before my eyes... Just as I was about to don that Rajani Didi avtaar and about to set things right... DIVINE INTERVENTION... I dont know what happened but just as abruptly as they came they left too and I heaved a sigh of relief... Mom commented something about how spoilt the kids today were and I couldn't help but agree... ;)
Cest la vie!
2 comments:
Ha ha ha!!! That was a good "tit-for-tat" kinda lesson. Nevertheless, movie was a good one. I for one enjoyed it inspite of the slow and dull begining.
SOB! But Seems when I play clown I play it to perfection. At least my jokes get people to smile if not laugh... :-D
Thanks for the comment. I thought you had stopped visiting! ;-)
Post a Comment