Saturday, November 11, 2006

Gizmo freaks we are saar!

Ah! The very sight got me weak in the knees... A harmless touch and I broke into a sweat! The first caress and I knew this was it!!!

Wait wait wait! Before you think that I am about to kiss good-bye to my single status... I am talking about the cell-phone shopping spree I took mom out to today! Dad's instructions were clear, crisp and precise - "Mom doesn't use any of the fancy features and neither is she going to change now. So no camera, no gizmo hunting. Stick to plain vanilla of the cell phone universe."

Alas! Obedience has never been my scoring point with dad anyways! :) The moment I walked into the web-world the service engineer who regularly attends to my whims (and gets fat bonuses for the money he milks out of my credit cards) promptly walked our and bared his tambakoo stained teeth at me - "Kahiye madam ji. Naye models dikhau!"

I parroted dad's instructions to him without much enthusiasm. "Haan bhaisahab. Basic models mein kuch bataiye!"

Luckily or unluckily this fellow also doenst believe in hearing out the customer requirements. The next thing I know is that I am ogling my eyeballs out at a Nokia - 6235.

"Madam, cheez dekhe... Sleek, lightweight, camera - badhiya piece hai madam... Aapki taste ka mutaleek hai!"

After that, what was left to do... I got that one. Mom was a picture of satisfaction too. Chalta hai. Aakhir paisa hi sab kuch thodi hi hai! Ah... A day's job well done. Handling dad is going to be the next step... But with his experiences of the daughter-wife duo strutting off to the shop he is already expecting it I guess...

3 comments:

Neel Arurkar said...

:-) My Reliance LG is now almost 4 years old...

Unknown said...

Mr Neel Arurkar: Epitome of Fidelity as we know it! ;-)

త్రివిక్రమ్ Trivikram said...

Wonderful write-up!! Full marks to your writing style.