How many times have we heard people telling us? There is only one life that we have got to live. Live it with wild abandon.
But the real question is not how many lives we have. Rather, we should be asking ourselves how many people are pining to lead our life the way they want it. Parents, friends, teachers, lovers, fiancĂ©es… Everyone seems to think they have a better idea of what you want for yourself than you.
What do you do then? “I love you but then I need to figure this out for myself”. Why does this sound as an apparent contradiction. Why does my unwillingness to follow the path you chartered tell you that I don’t care for you?
The most laughable, pitiable, deplorable thing is this – People who sermon on how we shouldn’t let others to trample over our feelings… the same set of people will react violently coldly when you try and put them firmly their place.
Ouch! Talk of different set of rules to play the same game. One for me and one for all others.
No sir no madam. Life doesn’t work that way. We all have got just one life to live. You have yours, I have mine. The fruits of your virtues are for you to eat. The thorns of my vices are for me to bear. And I like my thorns better than your fruits, thanks. It makes me feel I have done something. Yeah, it wasn’t great… it wasn’t perfect… it could have been a lot better than this… But don’t you realize, it’s very very beautiful as I see it… after all I created it. I love my life the way it is.
2 comments:
Life we live is not for us to waste. Being in social environment your life is very much part of every other being you know.
In my opinion, role playing be it a friend, husband or dad is very much part of your life. You may call them different segments of your life, each plays by there own rules.
Reason: Each one of us is mortal being, using our experience to learn new things. To be unique and special in some way.
You are correct, Swraj. Relationships define us for sure. But then there is a part of us which is different from all these roles. There is a Swraj Joshi who is not a son, a brother, husband. But we tend to neglect that aspect of our being for trifles at times. Isnt that unfair?
Post a Comment